The Save Our CTP Coalition, of which Splatt Lawyers is proud to be a member, has successfully secured commitments from both the ALP and the LNP to protect the common law rights of Queensland road users!
The Coalition has communicated with both major political parties in Queensland to protect your Compulsory Third Party Insurance (CTP) rights. To achieve this, the Coalition coordinated a major multi-faceted campaign over several months. This effort sought to secure commitments from both major Queensland political parties, ruling out any changes that would restrict your common law rights following the next election.
What Was the Key to Our Success?
The key to our success was proactively seeking this commitment from both major parties. Our competition, RACQ and Suncorp, were aggressive in pushing a no-fault scheme into Queensland through a “so-called” citizens’ jury process – “A tactic that the Barr Government used in the ACT in achieving an overhaul of the Territory’s CTP scheme”.
Earlier this year, we received a commitment from the ALP not to pursue any changes that would restrict your common law rights. It took many months to secure a similar commitment from the LNP, during which The Australian Lawyers Alliance, ourselves and other law firms proactively:
- Responded to the RACQ citizens’ jury process both through the media and our respective law firms;
- Secured various law firms, community members, road user groups, allied health professionals and unions for the cause;
- Ran informative social media advertisements showing Queenslanders and the LNP what is at stake if the CTP scheme is changed to a no-fault scheme;
- Coordinated a statewide Coalition media launch, in which we all told the stories of our clients and the impact a no-fault system would have on them were it introduced; and
- Proactively engaged with and sought a commitment from numerous LNP MPs around the State, including the Shadow Attorney General.
What Were the Results?
A massive success! The Coalition received a letter late last week from the Deputy Leader of the LNP and Shadow Treasurer Tim Mander confirming that the LNP would not make any changes restricting common law rights in Queensland’s CTP scheme.
Splatt Lawyers are very proud to be a Save Our CTP Coalition member. As a collective, we managed to protect the common law rights of all Queensland road users! The ALA also played a vital role in protecting Queensland’s CTP scheme by funding the development and promotion of social media advertisements warning of the risks of a no-fault system.
Splatt Lawyers’ Commitment to QLD Motorists’ Rights
At Splatt Lawyers, we genuinely care for your legal rights and are committed to providing the best legal advice with service that meets your needs. For this reason, we provide 100% no-win, no-fee legal funding to ensure you can access justice when the unexpected happens. We have supported injured Queenslanders for more than 28 years and have successfully resolved over 99% of our client’s disputes without court litigation, saving them time and money. Please find out how we might help you by Calling 1800 700 125.